Our Civic-Minded Nature: Waseda Farms cares about sustainable and responsible farming, educating on the benefits of organic and healthy eating, and about accessing education.
Waseda Farms Gives
The Waseda Farms family—in honor of the legacy of Thomas H. Lutsey—seeks to encourage the next generation of rural youth to receive the education necessary (and to apply for our Thomas H. Lutsey-Waseda Farms Scholarships) so to commit to ongoing advancement of our nation’s farms through sustainable practices and a commitment to all things that are good for the earth.
Each year, through the Thomas H. Lutsey-Waseda Farms Scholarship, we offer rural students $10,000 college scholarships. Find out more at www.lutsey.org.
Our giving programs are designed to support local non-profits. Have an idea? Let us know!
You Buy We Give
For every pound of ground beef purchased in January, Waseda Farms donates a pound to local food banks.
For every bag not used at the Waseda Farms check-out counter, we donate a dollar to a featured non-profit of the month.
- March – Safe Haven Pet Sanctuary
- April – The Altrusa House
- May – Friends of Peninsula State Park
- June – Door County Habitat for Humanity
- July – Big Bothers and Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin
- August – Big Brothers Big sisters of Northeast Wisconsin
- September – Hurricane Harvey
- October – HOOAH Veterans Support
- November – Friends of Community Gardens
Interested in having your 4-H or FFA group visit the farm? We love meeting the future of farming and sharing the good news of organics!
Contact Jeff Lutsey, jeff@wasedafarms to coordinate details.